Cauliflower and Potato Curry
- 4 medium sized potatoes
- 1/3 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 fresh green chili, chopped
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp tumeric
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 tomato, chopped
1. Peel potatoes and cube. Parboil them with the cauliflower for about 6-8 mins. Drain.
2. Heat oil in a wok, or large pan. Fry chili for 1 min, then add potatoes and cauliflower and fry for 5 mins.
3. Add spices, tomato, and water. Cook until veggies are tender (10 mins or so). Garnish with chopped cilantro if you have it.
I use a commercial tandoori masala spice mix for this one, but I suppose you could make your own. I take tofu that has been frozen and thawed, slice it into thick slabs, and marinate in the following:
- 1/2 cup of plain soymilk (you are really supposed to use yogurt, but the only soy yogurt I can find here is expensive and pretty nasty.)
- 2 tsbp oil
- 2 tsp tandoori masala (or more, if you like)
The thawed tofu will soak up the liquid. Then, grill on a vey hot and well oiled grill for 5 mins per side.