Here is the other recipe from last night's Indian meal, as promised. Serve it with rice and some naan or some other flatbread.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp tumeric
- 1 large potato, cubed
- 1/4 c water
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup peas
- fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
1. Saute onions in oil over med-hi heat until golden brown.
2. Add spices and fry 2 minutes.
3. Add potatoes and fry for 5 minutes. Then add water, tomatoes, and salt. Bring to bubbling. Lower heat and cover and cook until potatoes are soft. Add peas and keep covered until ready to serve.
4. Garnish with cilantro and serve.