- 16 oz baby spinach leaves, washed (or kale)
- 1" piece of ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 black peppercorns
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 small tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tsp mild curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3 tbsp plain soy yogurt
- 1 pkg Yves Chicken Tenders (or 1 can of chickpeas)
1. Cook spinach, without water, in a large pot with a lid for 5 mins (longer if you are using kale). Remove from heat and add ginger, garlic, and 1/4 cup of the water. Blend with a handmixer (or throw in food processor). Put mixture in a bowl.
2. Heat oil and fry bay leaves and peppercorns for 2 mins. Add onions and fry until golden brown.
3. Add tomatoes and simmer for 5 mins. Add curry powder, salt, and chili powder and mix. Add spinach mixture and remaining water. Simmer 5 mins.
4. Add yogurt and mix. Add "chicken" or chickpeas and heat through. Serve over basmati rice.