- 2 yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 2 large red potatoes, diced
- 1 yellow onion, cut into eighths
- 1 red onion, cut into eighths
- 1 small rutabaga, peeled and diced
- 3 carrots, cut into chunks
- 4 cloves of garlic, cut into chunks
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 pkg firm tofu, pressed and diced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 450 degrees
1. Place all veggies in a large bowl. Mix oil, vinegar, syrup, water, and spices in a small bowl. Pour over veggies and toss well. Place on a stoneware baking sheet. Put tofu on veggies and gently toss to coat in sauce.
2. Roast veggies in oven for 60-70 mins, stirring veggies after 30, 45, and 60 mins to keep the sauce from burning. Toss in an extra bit of maple syrup before you serve if you want an extra bit of sweetness.
I served this dish up with pumpkin scones.