- 1 pkg firm tofu, cut into 8 triangles
- cornstarch or flour
- oil for frying
- 1 lb red and yukon gold potatoes, cubed
- 1 red onion, cut in half (i.e. from top to bottom) then sliced lengthwise (i.e. latitudinaly)
- 1 yellow onion, sliced the same way
- 1/2 tsp crushed dried rosemary
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp vegan "chicken" broth powder
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Dredge tofu in flour or cornstarch. Fry in oil until golden. Set aside.
2. Melt butter on med-hi in a large skillet. Add in potatoes, onions, and rosemary. Cook for about 2 mins, until onions soften and begin to release water.
3. Cover, reduce heat to medium-lo, and cook for about 15 mins. Shake pan often to keep veggies from sticking.
4. Turn up heat to med-hi, uncover, and add in balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil and reduce to a thick sauce. Stir in water mixed with broth powder. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Add tofu back into the pan, spooning sauce over top. Cook for about 5 mins, or until tofu is heated through. Serve.