- 4 large cloves of garlic, lightly crushed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 28oz cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 bunch basil leaves, roughly chopped
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for 3-4 mins, until golden. Press occasionaly with the back of a spoon to release some of that garlicky goodness into the oil.
2. Add in tomatoes (juice and all) and salt. Process briefly with an immersion hand blender. The sauce should still be a bit chunky. Add in basil and simmer while you make the ricotta filling.
- 1 pkg firm tofu, drained
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- freshly ground white pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy creamer
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
1. Squeeze tofu by hand to drain as much of the liquid out as possible. Mush by hand until it resembles ricotta cheese. Stir in parsley, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, and oil with a fork.
2. Dissolve arrowroot powder into soy creamer and mix into the tofu mixture.
Makes 14 cannelloni
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Lightly oil a large casserole dish. Put down a later of sauce.
2. Fill 14 oven-ready canneloni tubes with tofu mixture. Place in the casserole dish, about 1/4" apart to allow them to expand. Cover with the remaining sauce. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 45 mins. Uncover and bake for 15 mins.