Today was an insanely busy one of sifting through footnotes and saying unrepeatable things about a certain law journal's editorial board under my breath. That meant dinner needed to be fast and easy. This is by no means my finest culinary moment (every time I use sauce from a bottle a little part of me dies), but it tasted pretty good and the kids liked it. Actually, the whole experience made me want to look into making my own sauce a la General Tso.
General Tso's Tofu
- 1 pkg tofu, drained and cubed
- vegetable oil
- 1 bottle VH General Tso's sauce
1. Toss tofu in constarch and fry in oil over med-hi heat. Remove and drain.
2. Heat sauce to bubbling in a wok. Add in tofu and and mix well. Serve over rice.
Orange Ginger Stir Fry
A modification of this recipe
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup finely minced ginger
- large handful snow peas
- 3 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2-3 tsp soy sauce
- 6 green onions, sliced
1. Heat oil in a wok over med-hi heat. Stir fry ginger for 1 min. Add snow peas and fry 1 min. Add mushroms and fry 1 min.
2. Add 1/2 of the orange juice and bring to bubbling. Cook veggies for about 5 mins, until mushrooms are cooked.
3. Dissolve cornstarch into remaining orange juice and add to wok with soy sauce. Add green onions and mix well. Serve.