- 1 lb margarine
- 1 small onion, small dice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1/2 tsp tumeric
- 4 green cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
1. Melt margarine over medium heat. Add all other ingredients, and simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Strain through a fine sieve and refrigerate.
- 1/2 cup cayenne
- 1/3 cup paprika
- 1 tsp each salt, poultry seasoning, ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp each garlic powder, ground fenugreek, ground cardamom, nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp each ground cloves, allspice
Preheat oven to 300 degrees
1. Mix spices in a cake pan. Roast in an oven for 15 mins, stirring every 5 mins.
2. Cool and store.