I wanted to re-post this recipe for sweet scones because when I posted it back in September I had no camera and could not post a picture. We had these with some vegetable soup because I have yet to go shopping after returning from D.C. These tender scones are really easy to make, and are a nice addition to soups or stews.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp cold non-hydrogenated vegan margarine
- 1 cup (or so) plain soymilk
Preheat Oven to 425
1. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a bowl,
2. Add margarine and work it into the flour with your hands until it resembles coarse bread crumbs.
3. Add in enough soymilk and stir with a fork to make a soft dough (can be a little sticky)
4. Drop very generous spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet (or form into pucks with floured hands)
5. Bake for about 12 mins, or until golden brown. Serve warm.