- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2-3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 generous tbsp tomato paste
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 oz spaghetti, broken in 3-4 inch pieces
1. Heat oil over medium heat. Saute onions, garlic, and celery for 5 mins, until soft. Add in tomatoes, paste, cayenne, and water. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring to bubbling and simmer for 10 mins.
2. Add beans and broken pasta and simmer until pasta is done. Stir frequently, and add more water if necessary. The final dish should be thick, but not too thick.