- 1/3 pkg spaghettini, broken in thirds, cooked
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup vegan chicken broth powder
- 1 cup soy creamer
- 1 cup plain soy milk
- 3 tbsp parsley
- 2 tbsp thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pkg Tofurky lunch meat, diced
- 1 can white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen mixed veggies
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
1. Cook pasta. Breaking it into thirds makes it easier to get out of the pan later on.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. While pasta is cooking, saute onions and garlic in a large saucepan over medium heat for 5 mins, or until softened and translucent. Add in flour and arrowroot and stir for 1 min to allow flour to heat up.
3. Slowly add in water, stirring constantly so it blends well. Stir in broth powder and mix well. Stir in soy creamer, soy milk, and spices and let bubble gently. When heated through and smooth, add in Tofurky, beans, and veggies.
4. Mix Tofurky mixture with the cooked and drained pasta. Transfer into a large baking dish (at lest 9 x 13) and smooth flat. Top with bread crumbs and ground almonds and bake 20-30 mins, until top is golden.