- 4 red peppers
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 head of garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- cooked fusili pasta (about 6 cups)
1. Roast red peppers, tomato, and head of garlic on BBQ, or under a broiler. When skins are blackened, put peppers in a bowl and cover with a plate. Let steam for 15 mins, then skin and de-seed. Skin and de-seed tomatoes, and peel garlic.
2. Blend everything in a food processor, or in a container with hand blender, until very smooth. Heat in a saucepan over medium heat and season with salt and pepper.
3. While sauce is heating (and pasta is cooking), saute zucchini slices in oil in a frying pan over medium heat for 10-15 mins, until zucchini is golden brown. Add to sauce.
4. When pasta is cooked, drain and return to pot. Add sauce and mix well. Serve