My in laws are here for a visit, so of course I had to share the awesomeness of vegan sausages. I did make a wee change by blending 3/4 cup of firm tofu with the water, instead of using mashed beans. I think it made for a more tender sausage. Here they are getting grilled. I also served this warm potato salad that was very tasty, but did not photograph well.
- 6-7 large red potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onion, trimmed, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- about 2 cups vegenaise, mixed with 2-3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil potatoes, with skins on, until tender but not mushy.
2. Remove potatoes from water and cube. Let cool a bit before placing into a large bowl.
3. Add garlic, green onion, and cilantro. Mix Dijon (to taste) into vegenaise and add to potatoes. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Serve
Note: if you are like me and venegaise is nowhere to be found in your town, or if it is so expensive you can' t bear parting with 2 cups, you can make your own for this dish. I blended 1 pkg firm silken tofu with 2 tbsp white wine vinegar, 2 tbsp oil, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp sugar, 1 tsp salt. I then thinned the mixture a bit with soy creamer. You want it to be thinner than regular venegaise as the heat from the potatoes thickens it up a bit.