- 1 recipe of perfect tempeh burger, shaped into meatballs (with 1/2 tsp each cumin and cinnamon added to the spice mix)
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 28oz can diced tomatoes, with juices
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 - 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- juice of 1/2 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a large deep sided frying pan over medium heat. Cook meatballs for 10 mins, turning regularly, until all sides are nicely browned. Remove from pan.
2. Add potatoes to pan and fry for 5-7 mins, until softened and slightly browned. Remove from pan.
3. While potatoes are cooking, put the remaining ingredients (sugar to salt and pepper) into a food processor and blend until smooth. Add to pan and bring to bubbling. Cook for a few mins, then add meatballs and potatoes into the sauce. Cover and simmer while you make tortillas (15-20 mins). If sauce is too thin for your liking, simmer with the lid off for 5-10 mins. Serve with tortillas.