- 1/2 recipe wheat tortillas, made into twelve 4+" tortillas
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1 can Old El Paso green chiles, drained
- 1 tomato, finely diced
- shredded vegan cheese (I grate Tofutti slices)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Oil a muffin tin.
1. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Fry chickpeas for 5 mins, until golden. Add chiles and heat through. Remove from heat and coarsely mash with a fork.
2. Line each muffin tin with one of the tortillas. Equally divide chickpea mixture into each of the tortillas. Top with tomato, a spoonful of salsa, and a healthy dose of grated cheese.
3. Bake for 15-17 minutes, until cheese is melted and tops of tortilla shells are lightly browned. Serve immediately.