- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp jerk seasoning (or to taste)
- 1 pkg tempeh, cut in half vertically and horizontally
- 1 portabello mushroom
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 cup (frozen) corn
- 1 large peach peeled and halved
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1/2 tsp jerk seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- splash of oil
1. Combine ingredients for the marinade and marinate tempeh and mushroom for a few hours. Steam or boil the tempeh first if you think it has a "taste."
2. Make 2 rectangular containers out of heavy duty foil. Place corn in one. Toss chickpeas with spices and oil and place in another. Wrap peach in foil.
3. Start roasting the red pepper (BBQ should be nice and hot). When skin in blackened, remove from grill and place in a bowl. Cover with a lid and let steam.
4. Place corn and chickpea foil containers on med-hi grill (stir every min or so to keep stuff from sticking). Place peach on the grill, turning every few mins. Grill tempeh and mushrooms, basting with extra marinade, until done. Mushrooms should have released some water, tempeh should be golden, as should corn and chickpeas.
5. Remove skin from roasted pepper. Chop pepper and peach, and mix with roasted corn. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Mash chickpeas with a fork (add splash of water, if needed). Slice mushroom.
7. Put a tempeh slice on a plate. Top with mashed chickpeas and mushroom slices. Top with another tempeh slice (if you want) and peach salsa.