Makes 9 medium, or 12 small, shortcakes
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup cold Earth Balance margarine
- 1 cup raspberries, mashed with a fork
- 3/4 cup soy creamer (or milk)
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Grease a muffin tin.
1. Whisk flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt together. Cut in margarine (or work in with your fingers) until mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs.
2. Mix in mashed berries and milk in with a fork. Use two spoons to drop dough into 9 or 12 sections of the muffin tin. Sprinkle each with a bit of sugar. Bake for 12-15 mins. Cool on wire racks.
From here, you have a few choices. My original plan was to make vegan cream, but I had no coconut milk. So, I made the vegan clotted cream from Vegan Yum Yum. You can also serve it with soy or rice ice cream, or douse the whole thing with some non-dairy milk (still my favourite way to eat shortcake).