- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 3 lbs potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 large cooking apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 2-3 tbsp chopped fresh ginger (depends on how much you like ginger)
- plain soy milk
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Saute onions, celery, and carrots for 5-7 mins, until translucent. Add potatoes and cook for 2 mins. Add apples and ginger and cook an additional 2 mins.
2. Add enough water to the pot to cover the veggies 3/4 of the way (i.e. the tops of the veggies should be poking out of the water). Bring to bubbling, reduce heat, cover, and let simmer for 20 mins, or until potatoes are soft.
3. Blend veggies with a hand mixer, then thin with soy milk until desired consistency is reached. Season to taste and serve.