- make this pretzel recipe
- melted margarine, for brushing
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
1. Make six pretzels, or 12 smaller pretzels. Dip into baking soda water, as per the recipe, and place on the prepared baking sheet.
2. If you made large pretzels, bake for 4.5 minutes, 3.5 mins if small pretzels. Remove from oven, brush lightly with melted margarine, and let cool on the baking sheet. Place baking sheet in the freezer. When slightly frozen, place pretzels in a bag in the freezer.
3. On pretzel day: line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and place pretzels on the baking sheet. Place in a cold oven. Turn oven to 450.
4. Once oven reaches full heat, bake for 2-5 mins more, or until deep golden brown. Brush lightly with melted margarine and top with kosher salt or cinnamon and sugar (or, forget the margarine and just leave them plain).