- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 large Vidalia onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet corn
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- few dashes hot sauce
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- salt and pepper to tatse
- 2 kale leaves, stalks removed, chopped
- 6-8 small wheat tortillas
1. Place chopped sweet potato in a small pot and cover with water. Bring to bubbling, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 15 mins, until potatoes are tender.
2. While potatoes are cooking, heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Saute onions for 5-7 mins, until starting to nicely brown. Add corn and cook for another 5 mins, until corn begins to brown.
3. Add garlic and jalapeno and saute for 2 mins. Add beans and hot sauce and mix well. Add salsa and spices, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Drain potatoes and roughly mash. Add to pan along with the chopped kale. Cook for a few mins, until kale is softened and a a nice brilliant green. Add more salsa if mixture is too dry. Adjust seasonings to taste. Remove from heat. Heat a different fryin pan over medium heat.
5. Spread a thin layer of margarine on one side of a tortilla (not necessary if you are using a cast iron pan). Spread a layer on half of the un-margarined side of the tortilla. Fold tortilla in half, then fry for a few mins per side, until golden brown. Remove from heat and slice in 3 triangles.