- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 10 large white or cremini mushrooms
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh thyme sprigs
1. Roast peppers on the BBQ over med-hi heat for 12-15 mins, turning regularly, until skin is blistered and wrinkled. Place in a large bowl, cover with a plate, and steam for 10 mins.
2. While peppers are roasting, toss whole mushrooms in a bit of olive oil and place cap side down on the grill. Roast for about 10 mins, until mushrooms release most of their water.
3. Skin and seed peppers when they have cooled enough to touch. Dab off excess water and cut into chunks. Thickly slice mushrooms. Place peppers and mushrooms in a bowl, drizzle with a little olive oil, add lemon juice, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Place in serving bowl and top with fresh thyme. Serve.