- 1 pkg extra firm tofu, cut into 8 slices
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Whisk together all ingredients (except tofu, of course) in a bowl. Place tofu in a baking dish and pour half of the marinade over it, turning to coat. Let marinate for 30 mins, if you have the time, turning once.
2. Heat grill to med-hi. Place remaining marinade in a small saucepan and bring to bubbling over medium heat. Reduce heat and let simmer for about 10 mins, until reduced and syrupy.
3. While marinade is reducing, grill the tofu, 3-4 mins per side, then rotating 90 degrees and grilling 3-4 per side again. Baste tofu with marinade with each turn.
4. Gently toss tofu in reduced marinade and serve.