Wednesday, December 7, 2011
- 1 recipe panettone dough
- 2 cups dried fruit/candied peel
- 2 cups toasted sliced almonds, or 227g marzipan
- melted margarine, for brushing
- icing sugar
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
1. Make the panettone as per this recipe but add the amount of fruit listed here. I like equal amounts of raisins, cranberries, currants, and candied peel.
2. Transfer the dough to a floured surface and dust the dough with flour. Divide into two equal portions and pat into a 7 x 5" rectangle. If using the marzipan, lay a 113.5g tube of marzipan along the long end of each. If using the almonds, sprinkle half of them over each rectangle of dough. Roll each into a loaf and seal the edges.
3. Transfer the loaves to the prepared baking sheet and place the pan in a cold oven. Turn the heat to 350 and bake for 25 minutes. Rotate the pan and bake for another 25 minutes, or until golden brown and registering 185 in the centre.
4. When done, remove the stollen from the oven and brush with melted margarine. Dust with a good coating of icing sugar, wait one minute, then liberally dust again. Transfer to a cooling rack to fully cool before serving.