Makes 1 lb of dough
- 1.5 cups (7.5oz/235g) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (2oz/60g) cake and pastry flour (or more all purpose)
- scant 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 lb (250g) cold margarine or vegetable shortening (I like a 50:50 mix)
- 1/2 cup (4oz/125ml) ice cold water
1. Whisk together flour(s) and salt.
2. Use a pastry cutter to cut the fat into the flour. There should be largish chunks of fat visible--don't cut it down too much.
4. Turn dough out onto a well floured surface. Flour the top of the dough.
7. Wrap dough in plastic wrap or waxed paper and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before using.
As you can see, I am back blogging. Life is still busy here, but I really missed creating and posting new recipes. I have all the wonderful people I met at the Atlanta VegFest to thank for getting me back in the Vegan Dad groove. I was amazed that so many people knew who Vegan Dad was, still loved the blog, still followed the Facebook page, and who still (despite the explosion of vegan blogs and cookbooks in the past few years) wanted me to post new recipes. I also had the great fortune to eat lunch and dinner with Isa in Athens (thanks, Janet!). She has been a supporter of the blog since the very beginning and is a source of vegan inspiration. So, I'm back. I'll probably only get a few posts off a month until the book manuscript is in (not a cookbook, I am sorry to say). Thanks for sticking with me, and let's eat some good food!