- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 3 stalks of celery, finely diced
- 1 lb potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup soy creamer
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can coconut milk
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Saute onion and celery for 5-7 mins, until soft. Add potatoes and saute for 2 mins, stirring constantly.
2. Add water and deglaze the pan. Add soy creamer, a bit of salt, and bring to bubbling. Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 20 mins, or until potatoes are nice and soft.
3. Add vegetables, bring to bubbling, and cook for 5 mins. Add coconut milk and mix well. Using a hand blender, blend about half of the chowder to thicken. Or, transfer half of the soup to a blender and process. Make sure the soup does not boil after you have added the coconut milk (a little simmering is OK).
4. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve.