My backyard has been berry central this summer. While the blueberries had a tough time, the raspberry canes yielded their usual bumper crop and the wild blackberry canes I transplanted from the cottage four years ago have finally established themselves and are producing at a phenomenal rate. It seemed only right to make a pie.
- 1 recipe pie dough
- 6 cups mixed summer berries (I did equal parts raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- pinch nutmeg (optional)
1. Make the pie dough as per the recipe in the link above.
2. Whisk together sugar and cornstarch. Gently mix with the berries in a large bowl. Place in pie shell and attach top shell, as per the linked recipe above. Cut some steam holes. Refrigerate for 30 mins, or until firm.
3. While pie is chilling, heat oven to 375 degrees with a rack in the lower third of the oven. Bake for about an hour, or until filling up bubbling. Let completely cool before serving.