I'm not posting anymore, but all the recipes are here (for better or for worse) for reference.
Monday, May 21, 2012
Ancho Corn Chowder
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 sweet onions, diced
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 8 cilantro roots, well-scrubbed, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2-3 dried ancho chiles
- 2.5 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups veggie broth, or water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 4 cups corn, divided
- 1/4 cup soy creamer (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a stockpot over medium heat. Saute onions, celery, cilantro roots, and garlic for 5 mins, or until onions start to get translucent. Stem chiles and rip into large pieces into the pot (seeds and all). Saute for another 5 mins.
2. Add tomatoes, broth, sugar, and 2 cups of the corn. Bring to bubbling, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15-20 mins, or until tomatoes well-cooked and breaking apart..
3. Blend mixture very well in a blender (in batches) or with an immersion blender right in the pot. Make as smooth as possible.
4. Return mixture to the pot over medium heat and add remaining 2 cups of corn. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook until corn is soft.
5. Remove from heat and stir in creamer. Serve.
Posted by Vegan Dad at 3:25 PM