Saturday, November 21, 2009

Recipe Roundup

Busy, busy, busy! I am fully booked in both my personal and professional life, and that leaves little time to get creative in the kitchen. And, as you have noticed, it leaves little time to blog. So, tonight I thought I would give a roundup of stuff that I have been making lately to point you to gems from the past that you may have missed the first time around. The weather is getting cooler, but is still generally above zero and we have yet to get snow. Huzzah! As you can see from the pic above, soup has been a go to dish these days--packed full of a variety of veggies and perfect with a few slices of freshly baked baguette. This one is kind of like a minestrone, and I have found that I can add slices of kale or chard and the kids will still gobble it down (which is great, because a pile of kale or chard on the plate leads to wailing and gnashing of teeth). I also made Ethiopian stew one night (along with injera from Vegan Lunch Box) and was reminded about how awesome the flavours are. Must make more Ethiopian food, especially because the kids love eating without forks! I also made use of the last pumpkin kicking around the house to make Hearty Autumn Muffins--these are so awesome and full of fibre that you will be happily regular in no time! It was also a way to use up the 100 lbs (or so it seems) of apples I bought to make applesauce. OK, that's it for now, and I promise to be back soon with some new food.