This is so easy I don't know why I didn't think of it before. Thanks to Isa for the cookie dough recipe.
- 1 recipe vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 recipe chocolate chip cookie dough (I omitted the tapioca, and went a little more generous on the flour. I also used mini chocolate chips).
1. Make the cookie dough. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. With floured hands, divide the dough into 6 pieces and roll each into a rope/snake, about 1/2" in diameter. Cut off pieces (about 1/2") and place on the prepared sheet. Cover, and place in the freezer for an hour to harden.
2. Make the ice cream as per the recipe. When the ice cream is almost done in the ice cream maker, start dropping in frozen chunks of cookie dough. You can add all of them (not at the same time, though) or as many as you see fit. Save the leftovers in the freezer for next time.
3. Thoroughly freeze before serving.