Tuesday, October 4, 2011
Pumpkin Pull-Apart Rolls
Makes about 28 rolls
- 1 1/2 cups warm soy milk
- 1 tbsp instant yeast
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (canned is fine, but fresh is better)
- 3 cups all purpose flour (or whole wheat pastry)
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp oil
- additional oil for brushing
1. Sprinkle yeast over the soy milk and whisk to dissolve. Add puree, flours, salt, sugar, and oil and bring into a soft dough, adjusting flour or liquid as needed. Knead for 5 mins, until smooth.
2. Place dough in a greased bowl, cover, and let rise for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
3. Line two 9 inch round pans with parchment paper. Slice off 2 oz pieces of dough and work into a ball. Place in the prepared pan just touching one another. When pans are filled, brush buns with some oil, cover, and let rise for 30-40 mins, until almost doubled.
4. Preheat oven to 400 then bake for 15-18 mins, or until golden brown. Remove from pan to cool on a wire rack. Serve warm, letting your dinner guests pull off rolls as needed.
You can very easily freeze a pan of these when they are cooled, then thaw/warm them when you need them.