- 1 pkg extra firm tofu (pressed, if you want)
- 3 tbsp margarine
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp smoked or seasoned salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- few dashes liquid smoke
1. Mix together brine ingredients. Submerge the whole block of tofu in the brine and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
2. Line an 8x8 baking dish with aluminum foil. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Heat the margarine in a frying pan over medium high heat. Brown each side of the tofu then place in the prepared baking dish. Pour whatever liquid is left in the pan over the tofu.
4. Bake for 40 mins, basting the tofu every 10 mins.
5. Let cool for 10 mins, then slice and serve.
Sliced roasted tofu, pan-fried, smothered in BBQ sauce, topped with slaw.