- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 pkg extra firm tofu, thickly sliced
- 1 sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- pinch of tumeric
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cup white wine
Preheat to 350 degrees
1. Heat oil in an ovenproof frying pan over medium heat. Fry tofu slices for a few minutes on each side, until lightly browned. Remove tofu from pan and set aside.
2. Add vegetables to the pan and fry for 8-10 mins, until softened and onion is beginning to brown. Add spices and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add wine to the pan. Let bubble for a few mins to let the wine reduce a bit. Place tofu on top of the veggies, baste with sauce, and place pan in the oven.
4. Bake for 30 mins, uncovered, basting tofu every 10 mins, until veggies are cooked, sauce is reduced, and tofu is golden brown. Serve tofu with veggies in the side, and topped with extra sauce.