- 1 pkg extra firm tofu, cut into 8 pieces
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 3-4 tbsp margarine
- juice of two lemons
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth
- salt and pepper to taste
- strips of lemon zest
- chopped fresh parsley
1. Mix together flour, yeast, and salt and pepper and place in a small paper bag. Add a few slices of tofu to the bag and shake gently to coat tofu. Repeat with remaining slices.
2. Heat margarine in a large frying pan over medium heat. Fry tofu slices 4-5 mins per side, until golden. Add more margarine, if needed. Remove from pan.
3. Add vermouth and lemon juice to the pan, stirring frequently. Once sauce has thickened, add tofu back to the pan and coat with sauce.
4. Serve garnished with strips of lemon zest and parsley.