- 250g capellini
- 1/2 head broccoli, cut into small florets, steamed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp margarine
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cup white wine
- juice of 1 lemon
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 can white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups cubed chicken-style seitan (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Get your pasta cooking, and get steaming your broccoli.
2. Heat oil and margarine in a frying pan over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic for 5-7 mins, until softened.
3. Add wine to the pan with the lemon juice. Let reduce for about 5 mins. Add zest and nutritional yeast and mix well. Add beans, seitan, if using, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Drain pasta and return to post over medium heat. Pour sauce over top and bring to bubbling. Cook for a few mins to let sauce absorb into pasta a bit. Stir in broccoli and parsley and serve.