Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Father's Day

First off, a big Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there, especially the vegan dads (whether they cook or not). Here's hoping someone is making you a wonderful brunch. If you are interested, Meatout Mondays featured me for Father's Day. You can check it out here. I will warn you, though, they posted my picture. So, if you think of Vegan Dad as some graying and wise older man (something like you own father, perhaps), then prepare to be disappointed.
Sorry, no recipe tonight. With so many people bringing food by I have not had to cook since we got home from the hospital. Some of the dishes have been off my blog, but most have been new and I hope to post them here in the future (the Senegalese Peanut Soup was amazing!). The black bean chili and cornbread pictured here was made by someone who followed my blog and then later found out we lived in the same city and our kids were in the same class. Crazy, right? I like to feel like I contributed to her vegan cooking prowess ("when you can snatch this beansprot from my hand, it will be time for you to go.")

Back soon with recipes. In the meantime, enjoy your families, dads!