- 1 cup of raisins
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 6 tbsp oil
- 8 medium pieces of "chicken" seitan
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 small plantain, very thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup tequila
1. Put raisins and sherry in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Heat oil in very large saucepan. Add salt and pepper to flour in a large bowl. Dredge seitan pieces, then fry on both sides in oil until golden brown and crispy. Set aside.
3. Add onion and garlic to the oil and fry for 5 minutes. Add apple, almonds and plantain, and fry for another 5 mins. Add raisins and sherry and mix through.
4. Add tequila and stock and mix through. Simmer for 15 mins to let the sauce reduce and thicken. Add seitan and simmer for an additional 5 mins to heat the seitan. Serve with rice and tortillas.