Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Cookbook and Bakery Update

I am busy baking bread tonight so just a wee update on the cookbook (and on the bakery, as some requested). I am approaching 100 pages for the cookbook, and plan to have the whole thing ready for download by late November/early December (Christmas shopping, anyone?). As mentioned before, the cookbook is just recipes from the blog for those of you who would like a paper copy to keep in the kitchen instead of the laptop. Since my recipe list keeps growing daily, this book will feature recipes from September 2007 to June 2008. My plan is to do another book next year.

As for the bakery, business is trotting along. I am having fun and find it relaxing to make bread after a day of work. Since September I have baked 97 loaves of bread and cinnamon rolls for a customer list of ten (I only bake 2x a week). I think I could take on a few more customers. Some nights are busy with me baking 10 loaves; others are slow with only 2 loaves in the oven. I certainly would not rely on a small home-based bakery to ensure my financial security, but I enjoy it and make enough money to make it all worth while. And, I am spreading organic vegan bakery love around the neighbourhood.