- 1 lb pumpkin pasta (I made fettuccine)
- 3 cloves garlic, skins on
- 3 tbsp margarine
- 2 generous tbsp flour
- 1 tsp sage
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups soy milk
- 1 cup firm silken tofu
1. Cook pasta in rapidly boiling salted water for about 60 seconds, until soft but still firm.
2. While water is heating, make sauce. Dry roast garlic in a pan until soft. Remove from heat, remove skins, and chop.
3. Heat margarine in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour and bring to bubbling. Add garlic and spices and mix, then whisk in soy milk. Bring to bubbling, whisking regularly.
4. Add tofu and blend with a hand blender. Adjust seasonings to taste. Mix with cooked pasta and serve.