Friday, March 13, 2009

Raisin Bread Update

First, let me thank all of you who posted suggestions for my cooking demo. I'm not sure if there is a consensus on the seitan/tofu question, but I think more people favour going for something fresh and tasty rather than trying to recreate a meat dish. I really like the idea of doing as complete a meal as possible, but I will have to see. The demo is for a university course so I need to make a small presentation, discuss the readings, and cook at the same time. Phew!

Second, I have noodled around with the raisin bread recipe that I posted last week. My loaves kept coming out really dense, so I made some adjustments. My kids absolutely loved the bread (kind of like cake), but I wanted something that looked better for my bakery customers. Check it out of you are interested.