Monday, March 9, 2009

Sweet n' Hot Noodles

One great thing about having a blog is you get to pontificate from time to time. Tonight's topic: the reusable shopping bag. Now, as much as I love the reusable shopping bag, it exemplifies the band-aid solutions were are taking to environmental problems. Using the shopping bag gives people a false sense that they are making a difference without making much of a difference at all. Tell me: what's the point of using a reusable shopping bag only to fill it up heavily packaged, heavily processed crap, and animal products that are helping destroy the planet? The disconnect drives me mad. I am sure people are wondering why I squirm a lot in the checkout line. UPDATE: I should stop being a Pretentious Green Ass, according to this article.

OK, now that that's out of my system, on to the food. Kind of a cop-out recipe, to be honest. But it is simple, fast, and tasty for a busy weekday night. The sauce and the noodles just go so well together.

INGREDIENTS
- 1 pkg tofu, cubed, prepared in whatever way suits your fancy (plain, crispy, etc.)
- double recipe of sweet chili sauce
- 130g rice vermicelli
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 green onion, thinly sliced

METHOD
1. Prep tofu and make the sauce. Prep noodles according to directions on the box (I soak mine in boiling water). Drain noodles.
2. Heat oil in a wok over med-hi heat. Add noodles and fry for a few min, until they start to go translucent. Add sauce and tofu and mix well. Let bubble for a few mins, letting the sauce soak into the noodles a bit.
3. Stir in green onion, mix well, and serve.