- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1" piece of ginger, minced
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups chopped kale (though stems removed)
- 3 cups chopped spinach
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup plain soy yogurt
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oil on a large pot over medium heat. Saute onions for 12-15 mins, until nicely browned. Add garlic and ginger and saute for 2 mins.
2. Add tomatoes and spices and bring to bubbling. Cook for 5-7 mins, stirring regularly, until tomatoes have reduced to a paste.
3. Add chickpeas and kale and cook for about 5 mins, until kale is tender. Add spinach and cook 2-3 mins, until tender. Stir in lemon juice and yogurt.
4. Season to taste with salt and pepper, adjust spices to your liking, and serve.