Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year (and muffins!)

Happy New Year! I usually don't make resolutions, but after a meager 4 posts last month I guess I should resolve to do more cooking. Thanks to all who are still sticking around looking in vain for a new post. 2010 looks like it is shaping up to be a busy year, so I will have to focus on quick and easy meals. While I figure out how this year will shape up culinarily, you head into the kitchen and make these Orange Cranberry Nut Muffins from Vegan Brunch. I have made these many times over the past month and can assure you they are awesome with pecans, or walnuts, or even hemp seeds for a protein boost. You can also sub in applesauce for the oil and they are still tender and moist. This is now my favourite of Isa's cookbooks with its beautiful colours and pics, simple layout, and awesome recipes.