Saturday, May 16, 2009

Easy Cheezy Garlic Bread Sticks

We make pizzas every week for the boys' lunches (Thursday is pizza day at school and they don't like feeling left out). I had some extra dough this week, so I made these bread sticks to go with our pasta dinner. So, I guess this recipe is really only easy if you already have some dough on hand (I just couldn't pass up the rhyming title). I used Isa's recipe from Vegan With a Vengeance, but any pizza dough recipe will suffice since they are all pretty much the same. Try this one, if you like. The nutritional yeast develops a nice flavour after being baked in the oven, giving these sticks a cheesy taste. Perfect for mopping up extra sauce!

INGREDIENTS
- pizza dough
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- nutritional yeast

METHOD
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
1. Divide dough into equal pieces (I weighed out 100 gram pieces). Roll into sticks about 10" long (or whatever will fit your baking sheet).
2. Place on prepared baking sheet 1" apart, brush with olive oil, then sprinkle with garlic powder and a healthy dose of nutritional yeast.
3. Bake for 12-15 mins, or until nicely golden.