Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Brunch

To celebrate Mother's Day we invited 2 other families over for vegan brunch. While I really wished that Isa's new brunch cookbook had come out already, I was able to put together a great spread. The other families contributed a fruit tray and some vegan cinnamon buns (true friends make vegan baked goods for you when they are not vegan themselves). First, I made English muffins from The Bread Baker's Apprentice. They were awesome, and better than the recipe I posted a while ago.
I also made the pancakes and herb roasted potatoes from Vegan With a Vengeance. Joining the spread was Vegan Mom's Scrambled Tofu (we also provided tomato and avocado slices for those who wanted to make an English muffin and tofu sandwich thingy (I refuse to call them McMuffins)).
We washed down the food with orange juice and chai tea (I'm not the biggest coffee drinker), and ended the meal with the Apple Walnut Maple Pudding Cake from La Dolce Vegan (a terrible picture of a fantastic dish). I am still full.