I'm not posting anymore, but all the recipes are here (for better or for worse) for reference.
Sunday, July 29, 2012
A simple but remarkably tasty dish. 3 out of 4 kids freaked out just at the sight of the kale. The other one ate 3 servings.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bunch of kale, stems removed, chopped (around 4 cups)
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 1/4 cups cashew cream (more if needed)
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a large pot over med heat. Saute onion and garlic for a few mins, until translucent, being careful not to burn.
2. Add kale and a bit of salt and sauté for a few mins, until vibrant green and slightly wilted.
3. Add wine and cook, uncovered, for about 5-7 mins, until liquid is reduced and kale is tender.
4. Add cashew cream and mix well. Cook for 2-3 mins until cream is thickened. Add more if you want creamier kale. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Posted by Vegan Dad at 9:40 AM