I'm not posting anymore, but all the recipes are here (for better or for worse) for reference.
Thursday, September 27, 2012
Roasted Curry Cauliflower
Kids, your mom is going back work so things are going to be different around here. My parents said something like this to me and my brothers when I was 12 year old. And, with Vegan Son #1 ready to hit twelve in December, we just said it to our kids. Vegan Mom has gone back to school to pursue her MEd and PhD in Education. Needless to say, things have changed in our household. With time at a premium we need to be more efficient in our meal planning. We need to start thinking about making some meals ahead and freezing them, and creating quick but nutritious dinners. So many people have commented on this blog about where I find the time to cook. Well, now I know what they were talking about. We have 4 kids in 3 different schools, plus gymnastics and swimming lessons. When my mom went back to work she would leave simple instructions for us kids on how to make dinner. This is when I first started to cook. I am hoping to do something similar with Vegan Son #1 and pass down a love of food to the next generation.
This recipe is pretty easy and makes the house smell great. Spice how you prefer--a pre-made curry powder even.
- 1 cauliflower, cut into large pieces
- 1 sweet onion, thickly sliced
- olive oil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Put cauliflower and onion slices in large bowl. Drizzle with some olive oil (1-2 tsp) and toss to coat. Mix spices together in a small bowl and sprinkle over cauliflower. Toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Spread out on the baking sheet.
3. Loosely cover the baking sheet with a piece of aluminum foil. Bake for 15 mins. Remove foil and bake for another 10-15 mins, or until cauliflower is tender and browned.
4. Drizzle lemon juice over the cauliflower and serve.
Posted by Vegan Dad at 10:27 AM
Labels: cauliflower, Indian