Thursday, August 7, 2008

White Bean Ranch Hummus

First, just let me say that I made rotini in a creamy basil tomato sauce for a main dish and all three kids had THREE servings each! If you have kids, make this dish. I am pretty sure they will love it. I also wanted to make hummus but had no chickpeas or lemon juice. So, I made this tasty dip which is a mix between hummus and ranch dip. It tastes best when refrigerated a bit.

INGREDIENTS
- 4 cloves garlic, skins on
- 1 can cannelini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp tarragon
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp dill
- 1/2 tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- water or oil, as needed

METHOD
1. Dry roast garlic in a small pan over medium heat for about 10 mins, until soft. Remove skins.
2. Put all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add in some water or oil if needed to get it to all blend.