- 1 pkg thin noodles (around 350g or so)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1" piece ginger, minced
- 1 generous tbsp yellow curry paste (or powder, to taste)
- 1 small can sliced bamboo shoots
- 2 cups shaved seitan pieces
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- salt to taste
- 1 cup oyster mushroom chunks
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 romaine leaves, rolled and thinly sliced
1. Cook noodle as per the direction on the package, then rinse with cold water and drain.
2. Heat oil on a wok over med-hi heat. Stir fry onion, garlic, and ginger for 1 min, then add the curry paste. Mix well. Add bamboo and fry for another minute. Add seitan and fry for 1 min.
3. Add coconut milk and hoisin sauce and bring to bubbling. Adjust seasonings to taste. (I don't use soy sauce because it muddies the colour of the curry). Add mushrooms, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 mins.
4. Add noodles, green onions, and romaine to the wok and mix well. Serve.