- 300g capellini, cooked
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 large carrot, cut into thin sticks
- 8oz sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- generous tbsp of flour
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups soy milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper to taste
1. While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Saute onions for 3 mins, until beginning to soften. Add red pepper and carrot and saute for 5 -7 mins, until carrots are starting to get tender. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook until mushrooms have released their water.
2. Add peas and heat through. Sprinkle flour over veggies and mix well. Add 1 1/2 cups of soy milk and nutritional yeast and bring to bubbling. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Drain pasta and return to the pot over medium heat. Pour sauce over top and mix well. Add more soy milk if pasta is too dry.