- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans (I pulsed whole pecans in a coffee grinder)
- icing sugar for dusting
Preheat oven to 350
1. Beat shortening in a bowl until fluffy. Slowly beat in icing sugar, then vanilla, and beat well.
2. Add in flour by hand, gently working it in until mixture resembles rough bread crumbs. Gently mix in pecans by hand.
3. Form/press mixture into 24 balls by hand (about the size of ping pong balls). Bake 12-15 mins, until very lightly golden. Cool on baking racks.
4. When cooled, roll cookies in icing sugar to coat. Enjoy!